Art for your home
We all want beautiful art in our home. Interesting art to decorate our walls, art that inspires us, art we can share with our family and visiting friends…
…but sometimes it can be hard to know where to start. You want something up on your walls, but you’re not sure if you can afford “fine art” or “original art” or even something beyond the pre-framed art you find in the big box stores.
You are not alone.
This is a dilemma I find a lot of my clients struggling with in their homes. To help them, I created a set of guidelines to help them look for and choose art with more confidence. I wrote a post on the blog explaining my easy rules, which you can read right here:
I’ve also posted a lot of other art related ideas on the blog and I’ve pulled all of those posts together and listed them below to help you buy, create and display your own collection of art.
DIY Art Ideas
- Maps from your life
- Stamps & more stamps
- Triptych format
- Taking your own nature photos
- Antique postcards
How To Display Your Art
- My favorite source for budget-friendly art framing
- Understanding the “Salon style” for art display
- How to mount and matte your art inexpensively
- Grouping your art in an eye-pleasing number
- How to hang a perfect gallery wall
- Using a level to hang your art
- Using a hammer properly to hang your art
There are a lot more posts planned regarding art in the home, so be sure to check back and find more resources as they are added!